Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spring Break, not at the beach

I know that my reality has completely shifted when instead of booking a vacation in a warm clime for spring break, I find myself looking forward to cleaning closets, catching up on chores, and letting my teenage boys spend all day playing Rockband and posting youtube videos to their hearts content.

Call it hunkering down, or slowing down to smell the roses, or just simply knocking things off my to do list, this has been to date, a very stress free vacation! While I love traveling with my children and husband, it seems that this has been the best choice we could have made. Waking each day to a (more or less) emplty slate, deciding how to be productive, or simply waste the day away watching movies or playing wordtwist on Facebook until my eyes cross!

I guess this is a sign that I am living in a high stress reality at work. No suprise, working for one of those evil TARP recipient companies. I never thought I'd live "in fear of the pitchfork", but each day I seem to apologize more and more for working for this company.

So, while we are not at the beach, I am enjoying the lovely 10,000 thread count sheets on my own bed, actually using the whirlpool tub, reading, napping and cooking a fabulous breakfast each day for my kids... It's like a B&B without ever leaving home! And aside from the fact that there's no maid service, I'm thankful to have a home, and that it is a home that I enjoy spending time in. I'm also thankful I don't have to figure out how to dry out the swimsuits overnight, and get rid of the sand on the bathroom floor!

2 comments:

  1. Videos, what are their videos? What is their 'channel name'?

    10,000 thread, holy crap, I didn't know they went that high. I'm slumming it on 400 I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MassTahDohnH2O
    That's their new channel becasue Warner Music group is pulling down videos it perceives as being trademark infringing... their old channel is Dumby54321.

    OK, not 10,000 thread, but 1,200! It's like sleeping on a cupcake with cream cheese frosting. On certain weekend days, I seriuosly lay in bed specifically because of the sheer luxury of them.

    Except for when the dogs jump up on the bed with muddy feet, then no matter what the thread count, they are sandy sheets...

    ReplyDelete