Thursday, March 26, 2009

Lunching with Lila is Divine

Lila took us to lunch today
She doesn't get out much anyway

Over four score this lady has seen
and some moments she's just like my teen!

She tells us, and those nearby,
she has wishes for when she does die

"Don't put me out for reviewal
I find that quite abysmal

Don't see me when I'm dead
Remember me smiling instead"

"That spot next to Don should be vacant,
Though you should check, it might be taken."

"I'm not sure, but you might as well cremate me,
Who gives a damn, it's not something I'll see"

You see, Lila is a precious soul,
To heaven, it's not her goal

Just repect and great care
and all of us there

Are what she requires
as she sets to expire.

So one day, (I hope it's not soon)
I'll just see her smile as I gaze at the moon

1 comment:

  1. Lila is my Mother in Law - she's either 86 or 87 depending on the day. She has remarkable clarity, and a generous heart. These days, she has shed all of the usual social boundaries, and just speaks from her soul. The poem needs work, but I needed to get it out of my brain, so readers, please indulge me....

    ReplyDelete