Friday, March 20, 2009

It's here! It's here! It's finally here!

Happy Vernal Equinox Everyone! I can't believe it's finally here. This winter has certainly been the "winter of our discontent" at the Zenith Household... and on certain days, the promise of springtime has been the only thing pushing us through to the next day.



Springtime is my favorite time of year my whole life, and as I've gotten older, that connection has only gotten stronger. My earliest recollection of springtime addiction is being a little girl, maybe 4 or 5, searching the garden on the south side of the house for the first blooms of spring - usually around this time of March. Lovely blue scilla that would come up every year, no matter how well they were cared for the previuos year. When we finally sold the home after my mother died, and it had been vacant for about a year, the day that we closed was a day like today, and as we visited the house for the last time, I found the cheery little blue flowers, in the same place as they had alsways been. I imagine they still come up every spring, and hope the new children living there have the same experience.



Spring means shedding the tired mantle of the winter, readying ourselves for the sun to shine, and Mother nature to show herself anew. I have those little blue flowers in my gardne as well, and while this year the purple crocus beat them to the punch for first bloomers, I know they day that the scilla bloom will be the first real day of spring!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Vernal Equinox my fellow Pagan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right back at ya - I was going to make the actual post be way more pagan, and talk about springtime birthing, the real story beinhd easter, etc.... but I don't want to completely piss anybody else! you are so good at reading between the lines!

    ReplyDelete