Friday, July 31, 2009

Late July Garden update



Well, it's been well over a month since I posted a picture of the veggie garden.... and here its is!


Yes, a controlled jungle! It's been so cool this summer, that the weeds have not been as explosive as they usually are.... but that also means that my tomatoes are beautiful.. but green! Same as the bell peppers and zuchinni! But the lettuce has actually remained harvestable for a while, where it would normally have gone to seed by 4th of july! We've been able to harvest:



  • A few handfuls of raspberries (bunnies cut the canes down so our early crop was really limited)

  • Lettuce and spinach

  • Snow Peas

  • A handful of cherry tomatoes - more coming this weekend!

  • Herbs, of course.

I am lookign forward to mid august when I can pick a tomato, and some basil... slice the 'mater up and shred the basil... Bring a knife and plate into the garden and I could eat it right there! NUMMY!



3 comments:

  1. There is nothing like eating food from ones garden. We grew brocolli this year and looking at the plany I still don't see where the brocolli is going to come from.

    Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you see some tall intoxicated person having a midnight snack in your garden please don't shoot at him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rocket! I tried to find brocolli starts this year, and couldn't! But there is one growing in my compost heap that I might be able to get a head out of...

    Biz - a) we have no guns in the house, although I wish we could scare some of the bunny raiders away. and b) If there was a tall intoxicated guys wandering around my yard, I would assume it was Scott... and again, I would only turn the garden hose on you! c) once I get more stuff actually harvestable, I'll drop some by your desk! (Assuming you still show up there from time to time!)

    ReplyDelete