Monday, July 6, 2009

Jazzy Blue

Why is blue the color of sad and low?
Of heartbreak and sorrow,
Of melancholy and tears,
I only feel happy when I’m around it

Blue are my children’s eyes
Bright sparkly and full of mischief

Blue are the Johnny-jump-ups
Smiling from our window box in the midday sun

Blue fills the space between the clouds
That we track from the hammock’s swing

Blue is the Mediterranean sea
Waves, café au lait and you

Blue are the berries
In the muffins I baked this morning

Blue is the flower cart
From grandma’s house, full of love and blooms

Blue is the topaz necklace
A present from my adoring you

Blue is not the color and sad and low
Blue is the uptick in the tempo
Blue is the pluck of the bass in a solo
Blue is the shabadoooooo as you close your eyes and smile

No comments:

Post a Comment