Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Playing Hookie... when you need face time

By the time the alarm went off this morning, no one in my house wanted to wake up - not even the dogs. One of my kids comes into my room around 6:15 and flops down on the bed - resting before he jumped in the shower 45 minutes later.... My other kid slpet until 8:15 or so.... My husband also couldn't get going, with many failed attempts at picking out something to wear, and actually brushing his teeth, he decided to just bag it and call in with a "mental day"... At some point, he rolled over onto my pillow and whispered "do you wanna play hookie?"

All of these factors caused me to loligag around the house, and debate wether or not I could afford a hookie day. It would be a perfect day - my boss is in NY on business, our admin is on vacation - I don't really have all that much work to do! . Literally, there is no one in the office to know wether or not I am in....but that's the problem- there's no one there to cover in case something happens! Damn!

So, I decide to play half hookie... got in around 10:00 - planning on leaving at 1:30 - show up, put in enough face time, and then let everyone know after the fact that I took a half day. I'll still keep an eye on emails, and maybe check my voicemails (Blecccchhhh), and if somebody needs me, I'll respond. But, otherwise, I'll be sitting my butt on the couch, watching some stupid movie with my husband this afternoon.... and not feeling the least guilty about it!

Good thing my coworkers don't read this blog - I'd be completely busted!

3 comments:

  1. I just printed this post and taped it to all of their PC's :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men... I got waylaid at the office until 3:30 or so... but then enjoyed hearing about the crappy movie that I missed! (Fantastic Four's Rise of the Silver Surfer....)

    Added bonus, I wasn't working on work stuff, I was working on this new foundation that we are starting up to give scholarships to grad students at the U in science... call me crazy for starting up a charitable organization in the middle of economic chaos - but, you already know that I'm insane!

    ReplyDelete