Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Freakin Interrupt ads

Oh, how I hate them! I seem to have found a new hobby mousing around interrupt ads... you know the kind.. when you inadvertently scrollover an innocent-looking ad on a content page and more than 1/2 of your screen is taken up with some BS picture? The kind marketers display a close "X" button, but I've recently seen some where there is no escape... ARGH!

Wasn't it bad enough that we had to endure psycho dancing chicks on side bars? Who clicks on those lame mortgage ads anyway? Which PhD. actually believes that these kind of tactics get more business rather than piss of the viewer? Who recommeds these annoying ideas. I know, the whole premise is to get viewers to remember the ad, not necessarily feel good about it.... but I have actually boycotted advertisers based on their web advertising tactics!

Rant over... for now...

2 comments:

  1. But they do force you to look at them... but I agree, hate'em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I'm just old fashioned and like the paper version better for news consumption... nothing jumping out of the page with audio to say "Hi there! Have you thought about buying me?".... I am truly old school.

    ReplyDelete