Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I am a huge fan of Robert Reich...

What's not to like? Secretary of Labor under Clinton, Professor of Economincs At UC Berkley, political commentator on NPR and CNN .... all add up to extremely smart fellow who sees today's econimc and political craziness for what it is.

I enjoy his economic analyses, as his belief in the only way we are going to recover is to create/bring back jobs aligns with my own belief.

And today, I have an example of why I am tickled by his political view points... in his blog today, he points out that the Republican's are buying their way into communities by "astroturfing" - an artificial form of grass-roots organizing... In fact, I've received some of this propaganda from my republican friends.

I knew their was a machine of some kind behind it... and now I know who the machine is and who is paying for it. US chamber of Commerce - we know who you are and what you do.... no matter how folksy you look in the local community. In the end, you support big business, big wealth and big money. Not Joe's coffee shop, trying to stay alive in the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment