Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Rest in Peace, Teddy

Today, our nation lost a great leader. And while I know I'm going to get all kinds of crap from those that like to point out Chappaquiddick, I'm still going to miss Ted Kennedy. Aside for his larger than life personality, and his family legacy so often focued on personal tragedy, he really did speak for those with no voice, or limited access to power.

In his career, he authored/sponsoered bills that I consider core to my values:

Civil rights
Voting Rights
Neighborhood Health Care Centers
Nuclear Arms Control
Americans with Disabilitties
the original Teach For America Program
Abortion Rights
Workers Rights
FMLA
Americorps
Immigration
Anti-war
Amber Alert

And the list goes on and on...

He fought for the little guy, advocated for truth and justice and stood for everything that has always been right with this country.

Good Night Teddy...

No comments:

Post a Comment