Friday, June 19, 2009

Distraction-action

I am doing everything possible to focus on work, but it's too damn hard today! Got a fun-packed weekend coming up, and I can't wait to get it started...

Tonight, we are going to the annual Twin Cities Jazz Festival (http://www.hotsummerjazz.com/) in St Paul... Going to see legend Irv Williams play his Saxophone - he's going to be 90 soon, and you never would guess it. Then, off to the Artists Quarter for a drink, bite and more music... and maybe hop around a couple of the other bars.

Tomorrow- work in the garden in the AM... after sleeping off whatever hangover we end up with... and back to St Paul for an afternoon and evening of more music - and I have high hopes for Esperanza Spaulding - the feature show on Saturday Night! I think we may head over to the Dakota late on Saturday night to see if anyone shows up there to play an unscheduled gig...

Then on Sunday - Father's Day - I'm going to baby my baby - my husband that is... since his kids are elsewhere, and so are mine... I get to take him out for breakfast (or maybe deliver it to him in bed)... then he'll choose what we do the rest of the day - including doing nothing! We have tickets to see Hiromi at the Dakota at the 7:00 show - so we'll grab a bite before - maybe at Barrio and settle in for some incredible music.

So, the official weekend of hedonism needs to start soon!

1 comment: