Friday, February 27, 2009

I’m so ashamed…

For the 6th congressional district in MN. And of them, for voting the way they do!

Currently represented by “hot for God” Michelle Bachmann (R), this district is an ex-urban dominated, MacMansion-strewn part of the 7 county metro area.

She was elected in 2006, after the departure of another right-winger (Mark Kennedy). Little did we know that the replacement for Kennedy would provide such a constant stream of entertainment for those that watch politicians for outlandish behavior!

Most recent in her antics are:

  • At the recent Conservative Political Action Committee, being moderated by Hip-Hop right winger Michael Steele: As [Steele] concluded his remarks, Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann — the event's moderator — told Steele he was “da man.”

    “Michael Steele! You be da man! You be da man,” she said.


  • In a recent Interview with KTLK, She spouted off many un-truths and bizarre statements like:

    The "Community-Organizer-in-Chief" is also orchestrating a conspiracy involving the Census Bureau, which the president will use to redraw congressional lines to keep Democrats in power for up to "40 years." (Sounds almost biblical)


    The stimulus bill includes a measure to create a "rationing board" for health care, and after the bill becomes law, "your doctor will no longer be able to make your healthcare decisions with you." (Straight from Republican Talking Points, but when she says it, she sounds CRAZY)

    "We're running out of rich people in this country." My Favorite!

  • During last year’s campaign, she was channeling Joe McCarthy when she went on Hardball and said (about Senator Obama), amongst other things:

    “What I would say is that the news media should do a penetrating expose and take a look. I wish they would. I wish the American media would take a great look at the views of the people in Congress and find out if they are pro-America or anti-America," – After this, her funding was cut off from the NRCC, so she prayed real hard and somehow by the grace of her god, won the election (far be it from me to understand why!)

  • And probably the most embarrassing national moment of all, when she turned into Kissyface monster at Shrub’s last State of the Union, and laid a big wet sloppy one on POTUS. Luckily, she was not staking out a spot on the aisle for Obama’s address to Congress this last week. I will say, though that every single Minnesotan watching the address had their eyes peeled for her.

4 comments:

  1. There are soooo many great videos of Bachman on you tube showing what a joke she is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it really is shameful.... how on earth did she get re-elected? Tell me, please that you guys out in CO have someone like this... please tell me that MN CD-6 is not that crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bachmann's bad, but in my mind, not quite as cringe-worthy as Ann Coulter-geist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thomas - Yes! But Coulter gets paid to behave like that! I just find it hard to believe that Bachmann's constituents voted her in fo her antics... I may be undersestimating that crowd... maybe they don't get much more than basic cable and they need her for entertainment! Oh, that broke one of my rules that I Wouldn't be demeaning! - oh well, I made it, I can break it! Right Rocket?

    ReplyDelete