Monday, December 14, 2009

Get your oven mitts on - It's holiday cookie baking time!

I enjoy the winter holiday season very much, and now that we actually have snow (and sadly subzero temps), my family has been getting in the mood now for more than a few weeks! One of my favorite parts of the holiday season is that I am totally justified spending hours and hours in my wonderful kitchen stocked with high qaulity bakeware and a full baker's pantry.


Equally important to my friends and family gift list is my holiday baking list. Timing is everything, in understanding what you can freeze, what travels well and what needs to be made right before gobbling up by families.... So, in an effort to get ahead, I made one of the easist and popular cookies on the list.... Peanut Butter Kiss cookies... behold the wonderous rack O'Fat and goodness:

Other candidates for this year's treat platter:

  • Iced Sugar Cookies
  • Decorated Gingerbread Cookies
  • Toffee
  • Spritz
  • Pumpkin Bars with cream cheese frosting
  • Cherry Bars
  • Haystacks
  • Pistacio Biscotti
  • Thumbprint cookies
  • Macaroons

I think I'm missing a few... any suggestions? What are your favorites?

1 comment: