Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I guess I was too busy cooking to post anything at all

Seriously, the last half of December was spent buying groceries, turning groceries into cookies, bars, meals, snacks and other edibles for our extended family during the holidays.

Oh, and then there was the gifting process... purchase, wrap, stash, un stash, unwrap, and then enjoy.

Bottom line is that everyone in my family left the 2009 holiday season:

  • Well fed - to the tune of going through maybe 6 dozen eggs, 4 pounds of bacon/sausage/ham , 3 gallons of milk, I don't want to count how many sticks/pounds of butter, lots of fruits and veggies, and countless bread products (bagels, english muffins, cinnamon bread, etc)... and that was just between 12/23 and 12/26!
  • Possessing new and useful items that they received as gifts (really, no loser gifts were given or received thsi year)
  • Full of good cheer - this was great holiday for our family - both immediate and extended and everything in between!
  • Capable of driving a car - My 15 year old twin boys got their drivers permits over the holiday.... one driving lesson in for each before the big snow/ice/snow storm hit... still need to get them behind the wheel for lesson #2! And I will, as soon as some of this nasty ice vanishes from our rodas - so I'm thinking maybe March?

I'll post about 2009 overall next, but I'd decalre the 2009 Holiday season at our house a Smashing Success!

3 comments:

  1. I know, my friend.... your day will come soon enough! You may want to start negotiating now as to which parent will be doing that first lesson. It was definitely going to be me! Patience, calm, more patience and more calm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can cook, just not in the kitchen. Sorry, I watch too much Three's Company.

    ReplyDelete