Tuesday, November 10, 2009

16,182 words... Gypsy Gene is well on it's way!

In manuscript form, that's a total of 53 pages (TNR,12 font, double spaced, etc.). That is officially the longest work I have ever created alone, including college, work and fun. Even better, the characters don't bore me right now - although I don't like many of them - I don't know I would hang around any of them....

In fact, they have taken on a life of their own... words just get typed that form a character profile that I never imagined for this person. Case in point, just to get a sentence structure with the most power, a formerly straight secondary character all of a sudden was revealed to be gay! How did that happen? I'm not really sure, but it felt right as I was typing it, and damn, I've learned to just let my character development go with the flow.

So far, I can't see the finished product, but I know that I am keeping up with the daily goal, even getting ahead on some days. BAck to the cretive salt mines... oh, and that pesky day job... darn paycheck...

2 comments: