Monday, October 12, 2009

The rumours of my death are greatly exagerated...

Well, not real death, but death as a member of the blogger community.... turns out, when you are actually working for a living, taking care of family, politically active, doing good in the community, and obsessed with the local baseball team in their run for the pennant..... there's just not a lot of blog time in the schedule.

I know, I know, anybody that takes the time to read, lurk, comment or snark on my blog should not be a victim of my schedule. Nor, should the wonderful writers whose blogs I frequent be summarily ignored, simply because I don't have time.

Alas, the truth is that I am (like most people) very selfish, and my priorities are as such:

1) My wonderful 15 year old twin boys
2) My charming husband of 10+ years
3) Other extended family members- specifically my 88 year old mother in law who is making the move this weekend from the 30+ year family home to a 700 square foot apartment, and oh, yeah, she's a packrat.
3) Paid employemnt (only because it pays the bills)
4) The Foundation that I just started with a group of highly talented women
5) The DFL and it's candidates and elected officials
6) My dogs
7) My garden (Should move lower as it's snowed and my garden is now defunct for the year)
8) Blogs I vist
9) Housework, to include laundry, dishes, sweeping mounds of doggie hair (See #6), etc.

That's right, you all only trump housework. Sorry.

I'll try to be a better blogger..... tomorrow after I go to work, take Mother in law shopping, come home to do the dishes and throw in a load of laundry.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back, it was nice seeing you last week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You too! Great seeing the girls as they ran around with Ferber's girls.... and of course, lovely chatting with Mrs. Rocket! Felt like it hadn't been a couple of years since I saw you!

    ReplyDelete