Monday, September 21, 2009

Miasmatic dullness

That's what a day like today brings to the employees of the company I work for.

An ethereal cloud of dust particles made of some caustic, sharp metal.

Along with the swipe of my security badge at the door, I surrender the hope of having a productive day.

Scan the inbox full of emails-about-nothin, listen the voicemails from people who give less of a damn than I do.

Engage in behaviors that sound like work, and look like work, but are not work.

Attempt to make a difference in the world, but find that the walls here are made of lead, making the rest of the world unpenetrable from my desk.

I know that this invasion of the brain snatchers has been going on for months now, and others I share oxygen with during the work week suffer silently with me.

Some smart person should really grab up this immense talent and do something productive with it.

But, that person is not me, not today.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thomas - you called it, except for the fact that it feels like this Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and most of Friday! It's just harder to tolerate it on Monday becasue of the switchover from a meaningful life weekend to a, well, um, you know Monday.

    ReplyDelete