Friday, September 11, 2009

If black cats bring bad luck....

Then an albino squirrel must be a harbinger of good things to come..... right?

It's Friday and I'm ready to believe any sign that could be construed as positive- I was taking an alternate route to grab coffee this AM because of thelongestfreakingconstructionprojectever known as crosstown reroute... so I was tooling around the backroads of Richfield trying to get onto Penn avenue and an albino squirrel wisely choose to not get flattened by my tire.

I take that as a good sign.

Just like making the green light that never goes my way.

Just like getting 2 bags of Peanut M&M's from the vending machine.

I have these little fits of superstition...which may suprise some of my friends that think I'm level headed and logical all the time....

5 comments:

  1. Peanut M7M's, the best snack ever. We used to have an albino squirrel at our place in SLP. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The recessive albino squirrel gene lives on...

    Level headed? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sow how is this for full circle? Scott and I went to Lurcat on Friday Night... and what do I see but three pure BLACK squirrels doing squirrel type stuff.... I guess there is a small population of them in the park and has been for years... I wonder if you bred a Black aquirrel and an albino squirrel.... both recessive aleles.. what would happen? Couldn't be a greay squirrel.... maybe it would look like a black and white cow! SPOT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure that's how zebras came to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are right Ben.... or holstein cows!

    ReplyDelete