Thursday, May 7, 2009

Random thoughts for the day

Been on the road this week to Dallas, so as I was driving in to work today, I had a whole bunch of random thoughts:

  • Why do people clip their toenails in public places, like the office, or on an airplane?
  • I saw some kids on a swing set at 8:15 in the Am - maybe waiting for the bus to school... why swing so early in the AM? Would that be an alternative to coffee for me to wake up? I drive by at least 4 playgrounds on the way to work, maybe I should try it
  • For all the people that are walking their dogs around Lake Harriet at 8:30 in the Am, do you have jobs? If so, how can I get one? And if not, then will you adopt me?
  • Do the dogs get tired half-way round like I do? At the "potential point of no turning back" Do they think "Is it shorter for me to turn back, or is it too late?"
  • I "stormed" a bunch of ideas for poems, or free-form thoughts.... "The green tunnel", "Radio Sun Roof", "Blue Platform", "Twists and Turns", "Gnarly Brown Giving Life to Soft Chartreuse"

For thos of you from the Twin Cities, you can probably guess that I was driving to work on the Parkway past all of the city lakes....

1 comment:

  1. Why do people clip their toenails in public places, like the office, or on an airplane?
    ----Because they have no tact or class ;o)

    ReplyDelete