Thursday, March 4, 2010

All the work and none of the benefits

It's a deal I can't refuse...quite literally. Aside from all the crazy stuff going on at home (My 18 year old step daughter has now moved in and is settling in quite nicely - new school tomorrow, so that will be when the real fun starts!), my boss told me the other day she's leaving the company. CRAP.

She's also recommended me for the job. Awesome - thanks for the vote of confidence, Boss!

Turns out, I don't get the "job" being defined as title, power or salary, but I do get the work. So in other words, I'm now doing 3-4 people's work. CRAP

The alternative is having no job. CRAP.

So, in a world of people who aren't able to find employment, I am sorry to even gripe a bit... but those of us who are over-employed are churning our way towards a fragile mental state. Very soon, we'll all be recouping in sanatoriums, and all those friends of mine who are under or unemployed -they can have my gig. I'll be happy to trade my putty colored cube walls for a padded walls for a bit.

Bitching session complete. Thank you for bearing with me.

3 comments:

  1. Why did humans create work, bad idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day at a time, one day at a time...my stepdad's in a similar situation. After being laid off most of last year, all of a sudden it's mandatory six-day work weeks. Every week. The money's nice, but at some point health trumps money...and time to yourself trumps money every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you know what they say - no rest for the wicked, idle hands are the ??? workshop? Well, whatever, it will be interesting.

    ReplyDelete